August has been a good month, yet more loot ;p
A short round-up of the latest 2 arrivals.
Last Monday got a big package from Amazon with some books:
- A Mah Jong Handbook: How to Play, Score, and Win
- A Modern History of Japan: From Tokugawa Times to the Present
- Early Japanese Railways 1853-1914: Engineering Triumphs That Transformed Meiji-era Japan (gorgeous book, more than I had expected, and yes I'm a bit of a train otaku ;p)
- The Penguin Book of Curious and Interesting Numbers: Revised Edition (this is a book I used to lend from the library often, now I finally have it ;p)
- Prime Numbers: The Most Mysterious Figures in Math (from the same author as the previous book)
The second package arrived today from CDJapan with Ayumi Hamasaki's latest single Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~, and Mizuki Nana's last album ULTIMATE DIAMOND and Starcamp EP single from last year.
I don't think I have anything arriving this month any more, but definitely next month has more to come ^^
After having had a very bad day at work yesterday, got home today to a nice surprise! (well it wasn't a surprise, cause I knew it was coming ;p). Two packages had arrived: one big package which contained the 1/5 scale Yoko by Gift and the Lucky Star DVD box 1 & 2 (limited edition), and the other smaller package had a asian Mahjong set in it. It's Japanese made, but it has some extra tiles for other asian variants. I actually can't use it yet because I don't have 3 other people to play with but I just had to have one ^^; I (try to) play the Japanese variation and I still suck at it with an occasional nice hand when playing on my DS or SNES emu. Mahjong rules and scoring is very complex, and I'm still learning. (Bought a book on rules and strategy but that still needs to arrive).
The Gift Yoko figure is absolutely gorgeous. 1/5 scale seems quite large but she's crouching which means the height of the figure is just like a 1/7 scale figure, but the body is as if it's 1/5 scale. But she's really huge compared to the nendoroid figures ;p.
And there's my Lucky Star DVD box, which I still hadn't bought. It's a must if you like this stuff ^^. For the moment just dvd 1 & 2 (on the picture, the dvd's are already inside the box). These are limited edition so they come with some extra goodies. Three CDs with the ED song single and the first two charactor song singles (Konata and Kagami).